Curaçao’s main industries are tourism, international financial services, logistics (transport sector), e-commerce and oil processing. The island’s local currency is a stable one, pegged to the US dollar. Curaçao can be counted among the most prosperous islands in the Caribbean region with a corresponding low crime rate.
Curaçao offers the following benefits to international businesses:
- A strategic and safe location, outside the hurricane belt, making Curaçao an excellent Distribution center for the Caribbean area, South, Central and North America and the European Union.
- A well-developed harbor including a natural deep sea port, container terminal and dry dock with multiple connections from/to the Caribbean region as well as from/to South, Central and North America and the European Union.
- An international airport with excellent air connections from/to the Caribbean region as well as from/to South, Central, North America and the European Union.
- An excellent developed financial services sector, home to many of the world’s leading financial institutions.
- A state-of-the-art telecommunication infrastructure with high speed internet access. Curaçao is located at the crossroads of the latest high capacity Caribbean submarine fiber-cable networks like Arcos 1, PanAm and Americas II, providing ample bandwidth while maintaining redundant connectivity options to/from the island.
- Fully developed business parks with flexible multi-purpose buildings.
- Special tax incentives for enterprises operating in the Curaçao Economic Zone. These are part of a wide range of legal and financial benefits which include asset protection, tax minimization, privacy and investment diversification.
- Curaçao being part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands provides special access to the European Union.
- A stable parliamentary democracy.
- An independent and high-quality Dutch legal system.
- A high standard of education, based on the Dutch educational system.
- A friendly multilingual population, a safe living and working environment.
- Curinde is a member of the International Anti-Counterfeiting Coalition (IACC). As of May, 2014, Curinde has signed an M.O.U. with the IACC.
- The IACC regularly holds regional enforcement trainings and are present at high level conferences in different countries, including Curaçao.
- T(599-9) 737-6000
- F(599-9) 737-1336
- AEmancipatie Blvd 7 Landhuis Koningsplein, Curaçao